Everyday I wear my heart on my sleeve..

Monday 24 September 2012







 Outfit-
Dress - Urban Outfitters
Cardigan - Newlook
Earrings - Forever 21
Necklace - Shop on holiday
Today's post is a combined fashion and lifestyle! On Saturday me and my mum went to Emma Bridgewater. Its a national company that was started in Stoke-On-Trent, (where I come from) and their factory or one of them is still based here. It's called their factory outlet, but with it they also have their decorating studio which you can see in the top right picture. They also have factory tours, a huge ass gift shop and a cafe. It's been recently updated too, so it looks all nice and snazzy! I've been going to the Emma Bridgewater decorating studio since I was little, and this time me and my mum went to decorate some items for my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary in a few weeks time. You can choose anything to decorate from plates, bowls, cups, jugs, tea pots, egg cups and mixing bowls, to name just a few. You decorate your item, pay, they but it in the kiln for yo and its ready in under two weeks! You can again see some of their variety of items to decorate  in the top right picture. We did three different pieces for my grandparents; a big (huge) mug that we're going to put a plant in and two matching mini mugs which you can just about see in the two pictures in the middle.
If you order any food or drinks, they come in Emma Bridgewater pieces, one of which you can see me with in the top left picture when me and my mum had tea. The whole atmosphere of the place is amazing, and I still love going even after visiting from a young age. When we were their various groups came in to the decorating studio; a middle aged couple, parents with their daughter and a little girls (noisy) birthday party. I have to say I too have had a birthday party there in the past! At the same time a heck of a lot of people came in simply to look around the shop and have lunch in the cafe. 
I would utterly and completely recommend a visit to anyone in the staffordshire area! Or if you're just on a trip/holiday to a part of the midlands and need something to do on a rainy day! Emma Bridgewater is perfect for everyone! Kids and adults alike will love it! And if you do create anything in the decorating studio then they can send you your completed item in the post, once it's been put in the kiln and fired! Which means you don't need to make a return trip to pick your piece(s) up if you don't want to.
On Saturday I wore the Newlook cardigan that was featured in my wooly haul post. This isn't the first time that I've worn it, but  is the first time it's featured here. It was perfect to wear on Saturday as it was quite sunny (we got a break from the April showers) yet there was a bit of a chill to the air; and it's really soft, warm and cuddly! My dress is from Urban Outfitters, and is another item I got on my trip to London in late August. It was a bit long on the shoulders so my mum altered it for me. I really like the pattern of the dress, with the white hearts and blue background. Again I paired this outfit with my lovely lolly pop necklace and forever 21 feather earrings! 
Have you heard of Emma Bridgewater? Have you ever been to the EB decorating studio or one similar? Have you got a warm and cuddly winter cardigan? What do you think of the pattern on my dress? Do you like the new Holl JC header?
Love and cuddles
Holl JC xxxx