The grass roots

Monday 3 September 2012


 The grass roots outfit-
Jumper- Topshop
Shorts- Awear
Necklace- Camden Market
I wasn't too well yesterday so ended up not going out, but my Grandparents came over to our house for lunch. Otherwise known as Sunday Dinner. Which was really lovely for us and them, as we always go to their house for Sunday lunch(every week); and the only time they ever seem to come to our house is at Christmas! But because they were coming over, it meant I couldn't stay in my pj's all day, as I would usually. This is actually a very 'Holl' outfit, and you may see similar to it rather often.
This is the first time I've worn my jumper, since I brought it on a weekend trip to London with my mum. It was really comfy and exactly what I needed when feeling under the weather. I'd been meaning to buy a plain woollen jumper for autumn/winter, as I don't have very many and the ones I do have are all patterned. I originally tried the jumper on a maroony colour, but in the end chose this teal/greeny one, as it matched items i already own but I didn't have anything in that exact colour already. You can get the same jumper in multiple colours from; green, maroon, blue and black.
My shorts are a wardrobe staple of mine that I've had for what feels like forever, I got them in an Awear sale for £4 and they were definitely worth it! I love the floral pattern on them, and they're also one of my favourite items of clothing. As I can dress them up or down. And because of the style of the shorts looking more like a skirt, and the pretty pattern; I can look girlie and lady like, without having to worry that my skirt is going to fly up or I'm going to flash the world my bum.
My necklace is another item I picked up on my weekend to London, but this time in Camden Market! If you've never been before then I'd highly recommend it! You can get a range of things; and me and my parents are planning a trip near to Christmas, to go Christmas shopping! Which I am really exited about! The market is pretty awesome for buying presents and gifts for people; plus little treats for yourself. Which is exactly what I thought when i saw this necklace; its cute, quirky and a little bit different. So would be great to spice up my outfits, and to add to my ever growing necklace and jewelry collection!
Love and cuddles
Holl JC xxxx